Description[edit | edit source]
AS VAL (Avtomat Specialniy, Special Automatic Rifle) - silenced automatic rifle with integral suppressor designed for special forces units. Developed in TSNIITochMash on the VSS Vintorez platform.
Mods[edit | edit source]
BUG: Before removing the standard stock from the AS VAL, make sure that it is unfolded. If it is folded when removed, any new stock will not have its stats applied. You can also press
Right Click and then 'Unfold' to apply the new stats. The weapon won't change size. Make sure the 'Recoil' statistic is then closer to 90 rather than 180.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Need 1x for Quest Gunsmith - Part 11
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Since the AS "Val" uses an integrated suppressor, the amount of noise and visible muzzle flash gets reduced. This can give an advantage for PMCs who have this rifle because it can help PMCs kill other PMCs and Scavs quietly and stealthily, not alerting them to their presence.
- It is suggested to use the AS "Val" in Factory, since the rifle's range is more limited than other firearms, mainly due to its integrated suppressor and subsonic ammunition.
- Due to the extreme bullet drop of the 9x39 round, the AS VAL performs poorly at long-range engagements. Even mid-ranged combat requires significant accounting for the bullet drop. Because of this, the AS VAL is best used as a high-powered close quarters rifle.
Trading[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The AS "Val" is the second assault rifle to be put in the game after the AK-74N.
- The AS "Val" is present in Escape from Tarkov's predecessor, Contract Wars, a PvP multiplayer game also by Battlestate Games. There are two variants, the AS "Val" Kobra, a tier 3 assault rifle, and the AS "Val" MOD 3. Spec, a special assault rifle.
See Also[edit | edit source]