Easter eggs and References
A list of the currently known Easter eggs and References in Escape from Tarkov.
- 1 Locations
- 2 Factions
- 3 Bosses
- 4 Weapons
- 5 Gear
- 6 Items
- If you go inside of the three story dormitory and up to the second story of it, there is some graffiti written above the archway into the kitchen which says "Sorry Mario, the princess is in another castle". This reference refers to all fights with the antagonist Bowser before the final world, where the character Toad exclaims, "Thank You Mario, But Our Princess is in Another Castle".
- In the bus near the extract/spawn "Trailerpark", there is a poster with the character known as Totoro which is affixed to the back of the drivers' section. This a reference to the film "My Neighbor Totoro".
- Located in room 212 of the three story dormitory, there is an idle computer which shows an error message for the Unity Editor, which claims that it has stopped working. This is in reference to the issues faced when working with the engine that Escape From Tarkov is built on.
- Within the three story dormitory, graffiti in the form of the words "Metalika", "Ramstain" and "Limpin Kar" can be seen scribbled on the ceiling. This is a reference to the musical groups "Metallica", "Rammstein" and "Linkin Park".
- At the extraction point "Old Road Gate" there is a toilet seat
- An image of the lead animator of BSG can be seen on a billboard near the UN checkpoint
- The inscription "не покупай меч" found on a wall near the main bridge translates to "Don't buy sword". This easter egg is linked to the RPG "Candy Box" in which buying a sword starts the quests
- Some fuel tanks sports the inscription "Wassup" and a linked website. This is the short form for "What's up"
- The URL of the Battlestate Games website can be found on a blue panel near the factory shacks
- On a bench near the village, There is a small book with the picture of a dinosaur with the title "All my Friends are Still Dead". This is a book written by Avery Monsen and Jory John.
- Inside one of the compounds there is an upside-down chair on the ceiling. It is believed that this is a reference to the film "The Ring".
- Near the scav guard tower there is a grave with "Ivan Ivano Ivanovitch" in Russian written on it. Ivan Ivanovitch Ivano (11 August 1862 – 17 December 1939) is a mathematician who worked in the field of number theory. This could be also a reference to a pilot of the Red Army, Ivanov Ivan Ivanovitch (8 October 1901 - 22 June 1941)
- At the North of the map, behind the Ressort and near the crashed drone, you can hear a barking dog near the wall.
- In the ritual spot, a Dead Scav wears severed pig head, this could be considered a reference to the film series "Saw", in which the killer capture his victims by wearing a pig head mask.
- The abandoned sanatorium "Strelna", which is located near St. Petersburg, was a model for the health resort.
- There is a magazine in a tipped over cardboard box with the name "BLAYPOY" written on the cover. This refers to the magazine known as "Playboy".
- There is a shadow of a dinosaur in graffiti on the boarder wall outside the shopping mall.
- The "Kiba Store", Kiba Arms VDM CS gas tube, Kiba Arms International SPRM mount for pump-action shotguns and the inscription "Kiba Arms" on the Ammo case are references to the nickname of the lead animator of Battlestate Games, Alexander "Kiba" Kovalchuk.
- Some stickers are sticked on a radiator. They represent characters like "Steven", "Pearl", "Garnet" and "Amethyst" from the series "Steven Universe" and a "Pikachu" with a soviet hat from the series "Pokemon".
- In the furniture store, a "TP4's" with a game "Call of Call" can be found. The original source is the game console "PlayStation 4", shortened to "PS4", produced by Sony. The game is a reference to the videogame series "Call of Duty".
- A shoebox with written "FAKE" on the top can be found in one the store in the shopping mall. This is a reference to the shoes trademark "NIKE".
- A HornPub DVD can be found on the map.
- A book named "Unity for Absolute Beginner" can be found in the Shopping Mall. Unity is the game engine of EFT.
- A real book called "How to Teach Quantum Physics to Your Dog", written by Chad Orzel, can be found on the floor in th Shopping Mall.
- The shopping mall is very similar to the MEGA-Dybenko Mall located near St. Petersburg.
- Most of the markets refers to real life markets by their name, design, and products.
|Tarkov name||Real name|
|Burger Spot||Burger King|
|Jacob and Jacob||Jack and Jones|
|Papa James||Papa Johns|
|Urban Clothes||Urban District|
- A description from this site about Hamlet from Shakespeare is written on an intravenous infusion.
- The busts on the first level represent four people :
- Maria Salomea Skłodowska (7 November 1867 – 4 July 1934), known as Marie Curie, a Polish and naturalized-French physicist and chemist who work as a pioneer in radioactivity
- Dmitri Ivanovich Mendeleev (8 February 1834 – 2 February 1907), a Russian chemist and inventor and created the first version of the periodic table of element
- Niels Bohr (7 October 1885 – 18 November 1962), a Danish physicist who worked in atomic structure and quantum theory
- Nikolay Nikolaevich Zinin (25 August 1812 – 18 February 1880), a Russian organist chemist and gave his name to the Zinin reaction
- A chess piece with a plug sticked to the bottom can be found in the bottom of one the bunker and is related to Resident Evil 2 Classic/Remastered.
- Train station has a graffiti pallete on one of the metal balcony inside which says: "Train hard 715". It is a reference to a channel called "715 TEAM" on Youtube where the main content is military tactics and gear.
Scavs[edit | edit source]
- Scavs sometimes says "А ну чики брики и в дамки !" which phonetically translate to " A nu cheeki breeki I ve damke !". Its meaning is "One, Two, You're on top!". The most known reference is the video game serie "S.T.A.L.K.E.R." where the NPC said this. But it is also a catchphrase used in chess and nursery universe in Russia.
- Scavs long phrase, “Ублюдок, мать твою, а ну иди сюда...” is a reference to Andrey Gavrilov’s Russian simultaneous translation of the opening scene of the film "Blood and concrete".
USEC[edit | edit source]
- The voice actor behind the voice called "USEC 3" is the content creator "FortyOne".
- The voice line "Like in the movie: I have a baaaad feeling about this" is a running gag in Star Wars movies.
Killa[edit | edit source]
The inspiration for this boss came from an image of cosplayer wearing an Adidas tracksuit and a Maska-1SCh with three white stripes on it. The cosplay is about the character "Tachanka" from the Ubisoft videogame "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege".
Weapons variants[edit | edit source]
- The "Space Trooper" variant of the M4A1 refers to the "Stormtroopers", the soldiers of the "Empire" in the "Star Wars" lore.
Melee weapons[edit | edit source]
- The Freeman crowbar refers to the crowbar wielded by "Gordon Freeman", the main protagonist in the videogame series "Half-Life", by Valve.
- TOZ-106's mosin stock is a joke about "Napiling" which is russian for filing. It's a half-reference for a famous russian saying "Dorabotat' napilnikom" which means to modify something that it works properly.
- The sentence "DA RED GOEZ FASTA" in the description of the Hexagon handguard for AK is a reference to the "Warhammer 40,000" lore.
- The Izhmash regual dust cover for RPK-16 written on the inside of the part "Че тут ищешь?" which loosely translates to "What are you looking for here?"
- The FN Magazine with 50 round capacity for the P-90 has Russian written on the side "потом будет прозрачный" which is translated to "Will be transparent later".
Gear[edit | edit source]
- The Slender mask is a reference to the faceless monster "Slenderman" of the creepypasta "The Slenderman".
- The Misha Mayorov's mask refers to "Michael Myers" the anti hero in the film "Halloween".
- The Jason mask is the same as the mask wear by "Jason Voorhees" in the film "Friday the 13th".
- The Ghost balaclava is a reference to the balaclava worn by Simon "Ghost" Riley in the video game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- The Santa's hat and Fake white beard refer to the Santa Claus or Saint Nicholas. This a is legendary figure, originating in Western Christian culture, who is said to bring gifts to the homes of well-behaved children on Christmas Eve.
- The Ded Moroz hat refers to a fictional character by the same name who brings presents to well-mannered children on New Year's Eve
- The "Door Kicker" Boonie hat refers to the strategy game "Door Kickers", develloped by KillHouse Games.
- The RayBench Hipster Reserve sunglasses and RayBench Aviator glasses are parodies of the sunglasses brand Ray Ban
Items[edit | edit source]
Barter Items[edit | edit source]
- The Xenomorph sealing foam is a reference to the "Xenomorph" which is the monster in the horror film series "Alien".
- The Slickers Bar has humorous writing throughout the ingredients list written on the side
- The Chain with Prokill medallion refers to the killstreak "Prokill" in a prequel of EFT, Contract Wars.
- The GP coin is a reference to one of BSG's previous games "Contract Wars" in which GP was the premium currency.
Parody Items[edit | edit source]
|Tarkov mark||Real Life Trademark|
|Apollon Soyuz Cigarettes||Apollo-Soyuz Cigarettes|
|Broken GPhone/Golden 1GPhone||iPhone smartphone|
|Clin wiper||Ajax home & window cleaning spray|
|Condensed Milk||Moloko condensed milk|
|Crickent lighter||Cricket lighter|
|CvetoCopi printer paper||SvetoCopy printer paper|
|Hot Rod||Red Bull|
|Letmein PC CPU||Intel PC CPU|
|Malboro Cigarettes||Marlboro Cigarettes|
|Megasonic Toughbook reinforced laptop||Panasonic ToughBook reinforced laptop|
|Roler submariner gold wrist watch||Rolex sumariner watch|
|Samson Ultraviolet lamp||Samsung Ultraviolet lamp|
|Slickers bar||Snickers bar|
|Strike Cigarettes||Lucky Strike Cigarettes|
|Water bottle with a filter Aquamari||Water bottle with a filter Aquamira|
|Wilston Cigarettes||Winston Cigarettes|
|Zibbo lighter/Gilded Zibbo lighter||Zippo lighter|
Quest Items[edit | edit source]
|Secure case for documents 0031||Logo of the "Dharma Initiative"||Fictitious research project in the TV series "Lost"|
|Secure case for documents 0048||Greek letter Omega (Ω)||-|
|Secure case for documents 0052||Logo of "Aperture Science"||Fictional organization in the video game series "Portal" by Valve|
Content Creator Items[edit | edit source]
|42nd Signature Blend English Tea||Sacriel||The number 42nd is a reference to Douglas Adam's The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.|
|Antique axe||Wycc220||Its a reference to really old series from this content creator "Maniac with an axe" which was made during DayZ days|
|Battered antique Book||DobbyKillStreak||It is a reference to the Movie "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" where Harry Potter uses a book to set the house elf "Dobby" free. Dobby is DobbyKillStreak Avatar.|
|Can of sprats||alconafter|
|Deadlyslob's beard oil||Deadlyslob|
|Dundukk sport sunglasses||Dunduk|
|Fake mustache||Sequisha||It refers to the mustache of the Live Streamer "Sequisha".|
|FireKlean gun lube||Klean||It refers to the former BSG Employee and Live Streamer "Klean" and a parody of the firearm lubricant "FireClean".|
|Golden rooster||Chicken Prism|
|Jar of DevilDog mayo||TheDevildogGamer||On his Live Streams he welcomes new subscribers with "Give him the white and sticky", which refers to Mayonnaise.|
|Kotton beanie||Kotton||It is the same as the Content Creator "Kotton" is wearing.|
|Mr. Holodilnick thermobag||Mr Holodilnick||Direct reference to the nickname which translates from Russian as "refrigerator"|