A list of the currently known Easter eggs and References in Escape from Tarkov.
- If you go inside of the three story dormitory and up to the second story of it, there is some graffiti written above the archway into the kitchen which says "Sorry Mario, the princess is in another castle". This reference refers to all fights with the antagonist Bowser before the final world, where the character Toad exclaims, "Thank You Mario, But Our Princess is in Another Castle".
- Located in room 212 of the three story dormitory, there is an idle computer which shows an error message for the Unity Editor, which claims that it has stopped working. This is in reference to the issues faced when working with the engine that Escape From Tarkov is built on.
- Within the three story dormitory, graffiti in the form of the words "Metalika", "Ramstain" and "Limpin Kar" can be seen scribbled on the ceiling. This is a reference to the musical groups "Metallica", "Rammstein" and "Linkin Park".
- At the extraction point "Old Road Gate" there is a toilet seat.
- An image of the lead animator of BSG can be seen on a billboard near the UN checkpoint.
- The inscription "не покупай меч" found on a wall near the main bridge translates to "Don't buy sword". This easter egg is linked to the RPG "Candy Box" in which buying a sword starts the quests.
- Some fuel tanks sports the inscription "Wassup" and a linked website. This is the short form for "What's up" and refer, with the logo, to the instant messaging app "Whatsapp".
- The URL of the Battlestate Games website can be found on a blue panel near the factory shacks.
- A green screen can be found in one of the building with bloodstains, a camera and a dinosaur toy. It refers to the fictionnal execution of "Jonathan Miller", a protagonist in the game "Battlefield 3", develloped by "DICE".
- On a bench near the village, There is a small book with the picture of a dinosaur with the title "All my Friends are Still Dead". This is a book written by Avery Monsen and Jory John.
- In a concert room in the health resort you can find an electric guitar modelled on the Fender Stratocaster, with "Bender" printed on the headstock in the style of its real-life counterpart.
- Inside one of the compounds there is an upside-down chair on the ceiling. It is believed that this is a reference to the film "The Conjuring".
- Near the scav guard tower there is a grave with "Ivan Ivano Ivanovitch" in Russian written on it. Ivan Ivanovitch Ivano (11 August 1862 – 17 December 1939) is a mathematician who worked in the field of number theory. This could be also a reference to a pilot of the Red Army, Ivanov Ivan Ivanovitch (8 October 1901 - 22 June 1941)
- At the North of the map, behind the Resort and near the crashed drone, you can hear a barking dog near the wall.
- In the ritual spot, a Dead Scav wears severed pig head, this could be considered a reference to the film series "Saw", in which the killer capture his victims by wearing a pig head mask.
- In a bus, there is a poster with the character "Totoro" that is affixed to the back of the driver cabin. This a reference to the film "My Neighbor Totoro".
- The abandoned sanatorium "Strelna", which is located near St. Petersburg, was a model for the health resort.
Link to the location on Google Maps
- There is a magazine in a tipped over cardboard box with the name "BLAYPOY" written on the cover. This refers to the magazine known as "Playboy".
- There is a shadow of a dinosaur in graffiti on the boarder wall outside the shopping mall.
- The "Kiba Store", Kiba Arms VDM CS gas tube, Kiba Arms International SPRM mount for pump-action shotguns and the inscription "Kiba Arms" on the Ammo case are references to the nickname of the lead animator of Battlestate Games, Alexander "Kiba" Kovalchuk.
- Some stickers are sticked on a radiator. They represent characters like "Steven", "Pearl", "Garnet" and "Amethyst" from the series "Steven Universe" and a "Pikachu" with a soviet hat from the series "Pokemon".
- In the furniture store, a "TP4's" with a game "Call of Call" can be found. The original source is the game console "PlayStation 4", shortened to "PS4", produced by Sony. The game is a reference to the videogame series "Call of Duty".
- A shoebox with written "FAKE" on the top can be found in one the store in the shopping mall. This is a reference to the shoes trademark "NIKE".
- A HornPub DVD can be found on the map.
- A book named "Unity for Absolute Beginner" can be found in the Shopping Mall. Unity is the game engine of EFT.
- A real book called "How to Teach Quantum Physics to Your Dog", written by Chad Orzel, can be found on the floor in th Shopping Mall.
- A graffiti of two "Pacman" can be found on a wall. These are characters from the eponymous game.
- The shopping mall is very similar to the MEGA-Dybenko Mall located near St. Petersburg.
Link to the location on Google Maps
- Most of the markets refers to real life markets by their name, design, and products.
|Jacob and Jacob
||Jack and Jones
- A description from this site about Hamlet from Shakespeare is written on an intravenous infusion.
- The busts on the first level represent four people:
- Maria Salomea Skłodowska (7 November 1867 – 4 July 1934), also known as Marie Curie, a Polish and naturalized-French physicist and chemist most known for discovering radioactivity.
- Dmitri Ivanovich Mendeleev (8 February 1834 – 2 February 1907), a Russian chemist and inventor who created the first version of the periodic table of elements.
- Niels Bohr (7 October 1885 – 18 November 1962), a Danish physicist who worked on atomic structure and quantum theory.
- Nikolay Nikolaevich Zinin (25 August 1812 – 18 February 1880), a Russian organic chemist who gave his name to the Zinin reaction.
- A chess piece with a plug stuck to the bottom can be found in the bottom of one the bunker and is related to Resident Evil 2 Classic/Remastered.
- The train station has a graffiti pallete on one of the metal balconies inside which says: "Train hard 715". It is a reference to a channel called "715 TEAM" on Youtube where the main content is military tactics and gear.
- Black bishop building has a graffiti on one of the wall which reads "Fruit_cake малаца!" (roughly translates Fruit_cake good job) apparently for sewer hatch models located across the map which fruit_cake gifted to the developers.
- An inscription made of an arrow, a cross, a triangle, a square and a circle can be seen above a door, from inside one of the bunker. It is believe to be a reference to the signs printed on the buttons of the "DualShock", the "Playstation" console's controller.
- Scavs sometimes says "А ну чики брики и в дамки !" which phonetically translate to " A nu cheeki breeki I ve damke !". Its meaning is "One, Two, You're on top!". The most known reference is the video game serie "S.T.A.L.K.E.R." where the NPC said this. But it is also a catchphrase used in chess and nursery universe in Russia.
- Scavs long phrase, “Ублюдок, мать твою, а ну иди сюда...” is a reference to Andrey Gavrilov’s Russian simultaneous translation of the opening scene of the film "Blood and concrete".
- The voice actor behind the voice called "USEC 3" is the content creator "FortyOne".
- The voice line "Like in the movie: I have a baaaad feeling about this" is a running gag in Star Wars movies.
The inspiration for this boss came from an image of cosplayer wearing an Adidas tracksuit and a Maska-1SCh with three white stripes on it. The cosplay is about the character "Tachanka" from the Ubisoft videogame "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege".
- The "Space Trooper" variant of the M4A1 refers to the "Stormtroopers", the soldiers of the "Empire" in the "Star Wars" lore.
- The "Nerfgun" variant of the Saiga 12ga references Nerf dart blasters, a popular toy gun series.
- The "CWDG" variant of the FN P90 is the acronym of "Contract Wars DevGru". It refers to the "P90 Devgru" in the game "Contract Wars". It also trade for GP coins.
- The Freeman crowbar refers to the crowbar wielded by "Gordon Freeman", the main protagonist in the videogame series "Half-Life", by Valve.
- The Red Rebel Ice pick is the same as the one used by Lara Croft of the Tomb Raider game series. Both models are based on the discontinued 'Rebel' line of ice tools produced by DMM Wales in the early 2000's.
- TOZ-106's mosin stock is a joke about "Napiling" which is russian for filing. It's a half-reference for a famous russian saying "Dorabotat' napilnikom" which means to modify something that it works properly.
- The sentence "DA RED GOEZ FASTA" in the description of the Hexagon handguard for AK is a reference to the "Warhammer 40,000" lore.
- The Izhmash regual dust cover for RPK-16 written on the inside of the part "Че тут ищешь?" which loosely translates to "What are you looking for here?"
- The yellow banana version of the PMAG 30 AK/AKM GEN M3 7.62x39 magazine has a QR code on the side that reads "Тебе делать совсем нехуй ?". This roughly translates to "Do you seriously have nothing fucking better to do?"
- The Slender mask is a reference to the faceless monster "Slenderman" of the creepypasta "The Slenderman".
- The Misha Mayorov's mask refers to "Michael Myers" the anti hero in the film "Halloween".
- The Jason mask is the same as the mask wear by "Jason Voorhees" in the film "Friday the 13th".
- The Ghost balaclava is a reference to the balaclava worn by Simon "Ghost" Riley in the video game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
- The Santa's hat and Fake white beard refer to the Santa Claus or Saint Nicholas. This is a legendary figure, originating in Western Christian culture, who is said to bring gifts to the homes of well-behaved children on Christmas Eve.
- The Ded Moroz hat refers to a fictional character by the same name who brings presents to well-mannered children on New Year's Eve
- The "Door Kicker" Boonie hat refers to the strategy game "Door Kickers", developed by KillHouse Games and also to the game Character "Captain Price" from the CoD Modern Warfare series in which Price wears the same hat.
- The Tac-Kek Heavy Trooper mask refer to the helmet of "Heavy Trooper", a "Clone" type in the "Star Wars" lore. The description has a quote from the movie "The Mandalorian" which is set in the same universe.
- The Chain with Prokill medallion refers to the killstreak "Prokill" in a prequel of EFT, Contract Wars.
- The GP coin is a reference to one of BSG's previous games "Contract Wars" in which GP was the premium currency.
- The Graphics card is modeled after an ASUS GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU.